Monday, May 19, 2014

The Best in Erotica Authors - Baton Blog Hop

Thanks to Spencer Dryden, writer of the suspenseful romance novella Bliss, for inviting David to this blog hop.

Spencer asked four questions.  Here are David's answers:

1.  What am I working on?

Just a bunch of typical erotic short stories: An author with a fear of depths, not heights, takes a terrifying ride with the kinky lady who operates a glass elevator; On her first night in England, a kind-hearted American woman meets a charming Englishman whose incredible tale of woe complements his offer of "Free Willy," and he isn't talking about the movie; Two of a stripper's admiring fans claim to be God and Jesus, respectively, before she receives a Heaven-sent marriage proposal.  Like I said, just typical stories.  Well, they're typical for me, anyway.

2.  How does my work differ from others of its genre?

It reflects my strange sense of humor.  My characters work themselves into the most ridiculous situations without any apparent effort. 

3.  Why do I write what I do?

To find out what happens.  I'm a confirmed "seat-of-the-pants" style writer.  The characters talk to me and I write down what they say.  They only talk as long as I write.  If I didn't write, I'd never find out how the stories end.

4.  How does my writing process work?

Well, mostly either a scene or a character pops into my head.  If it's a scene, I try to reverse-engineer what happened to create the scene, and then guess what will follow the scene.  If it's a character, then I just write down what the character tells me.  Very few of my stories happen in the traditional way, where the author gets an idea and then methodically expands it into a story.  My brain doesn't work that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment